The Boston Bar Foundation:
- Supports the pro bono and public service projects of the bar
- Funds legal services organizations that provide access to justice for those who need it most
- Engages lawyers in projects that improve people's lives and strengthen neighborhoods
What are some examples of our recent work? We have funded programs that give children access to equal education and life opportunities, provided counseling and advice to homeless and at-risk veterans, and assisted thousands of families facing eviction learn their legal rights and fight displacement. In addition, we have funded summer jobs for Boston teens, supported extensive pro bono efforts and equipped high school students with the financial-literacy tools they need to succeed.
Here's a sampling of what those benefitting from BBF-funded programs have to say:
- Summer Jobs student: "I have been exposed to brilliant people who have shared their experiences with me and helped me to form an idea of the career path I might want to take."
- Client of BBF grantee organization: "Thank you for giving my children and me a voice in a world where it is so easy to be drowned out. Thank you for allowing my case to be heard."
The BBF helps make our justice system more effective, our students more knowledgeable and the City of Boston a better place in which to live and work.